- ABOUT US
Since 1976, Steelway has been in the business of manufacturing the highest quality steel buildings across Canada and around the world. From arenas and entertainment venues to commercial and manufacturing facilities, Steelway has helped industrial, commercial, recreational, institutional and agricultural clients reach their full potential. As experts in designing and manufacturing specialized steel building systems, Steelway uses superior designs, state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities and unparalleled expertise to deliver cost-effective steel buildings. Steelway is privately owned and operated by Jason and Bryan White and managed by a team with well over 130 years of experience in the industry.
Steelway was the first Canadian steel building systems manufacturer to be certified to the Canadian Standards Association CSA A660 Standard. Steelway is also Canadian Welding Bureau CWB W47 certified, ISO 9001:2008 registered and is a long-standing fabricating member of the Canadian Sheet Steel Building Institute (CSSBI).
Manufacturing and Design Features
Steelway manufacturers all products from two facilities. The main plant is 155,000 square feet while a second, smaller facility is 12,000 square feet. Both plants have complete overhead crane capacity for fast, efficient and safe material handling. Each facility is equipped with leading edge technology in computer controlled fabrication machinery, inventory and product tracking, job costing and production reporting. All manufacturing processes are directly linked to the design software, so data does not have to be manually entered. Other features of our facilities include:
- Full in-house design and engineering capabilities to ensure every building is a complete custom solution;
- Computer controlled Flange Line for processing flat bar into flanges and connection plates;
- Computer controlled Gantry Plasma Cutting System for web and clip manufacturing;
- Large capacity 84 inch deep Pull Through Welder to weld three plate sections for rigid frames;
- Computer controlled C and Z Roll Former with in-line punching and powder painting system for purlins and girts;
- Roll Former with three rafted sets of tooling and computer control for roofing and siding production;
- Roll Former with automated stacking and computer control for producing steel deck and cladding;
- Folding Machine with computer control and 21 foot capacity for trim manufacturing;
- Cut to length Slitting Line with numeric controlled shear for producing trim blanks;
- Drill and Saw Line for processing up to 40 inch hot rolled sections with automated three axis drilling and miter band saw;
A material handling division, equipped to manufacture and supply overhead cranes and material handling solutions.
Steelway Building Systems’ engineers and designers use the latest 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design, Analysis and Detailing Software and are responsible for the design and detailing of all manufactured components. All building system designs will bear the stamp of an engineer registered in the jurisdiction in which the building will be erected.